Though chiropractic treatment is gaining popularity, there are still loads of questions about chiropractic care. In this blog, we’ll teach you everything you need to know about chiropractic care and treatments. Keep reading to learn more.
What Is A Chiropractor?
Numerous disorders that impact the nervous system and musculoskeletal system are treated by chiropractors. Consider a chiropractor as a medical professional who treats any form of pain or dysfunction in the muscles, bones, or joints. The following are the most typical causes for chiropractic treatment:
– Lower Back Pain
– Neck Pain
– Muscle Ache
Additionally, chiropractors may treat musculoskeletal discomfort in any part of the body, including the knees, ankles, shoulders, hips, pelvis, elbows, and wrists.
What Does A Chiropractor Do?
Chiropractors cure the root cause of aches, pains, creaks and strains rather than just the symptoms. A chiropractor can provide non-pharmaceutical alternative means of treatment if your issue involves your musculoskeletal system.
Here are the different types of chiropractic treatments we offer:
- Adjustments: Increasing range of motion and reducing pain by gently realigning joints.
- Soft-tissue therapy: In order to loosen up tense muscles, put an end to spasms, and let go of tension in the connective tissue that encircles each muscle (fascia).
- Exercises & Stretches: To maintain and restore joint mobility and stability.
- Joint bracing/taping (Kinesio Taping): To aid in the recovery of injured muscles or joints.
- Diet & Nutrition + Lifestyle Guidance: To promote healthy eating for weight management and/or to minimize inflammation.
What Are Chiropractic Adjustments?
A chiropractic adjustment is a therapeutic procedure in which a qualified chiropractor manipulates your body’s joints with their hands or other specialized tools. Spinal manipulation and joint manipulation are other names for this therapy. A chiropractic adjustment can improve your body’s alignment, relieve discomfort, and improve physical performance. The treatment provided by chiropractic adjustments is an addition to the conventional medical care you receive.
What Can Chiropractic Treatment Help With?
Every patient who visits a chiropractor has a different reason for going, yet all adjustments treat your musculoskeletal system. If they suffer from any of the following ailments, some people elect to receive a chiropractic adjustment:
- Recurring headaches
- Recovery from an accident or whiplash
- Joint Discomfort/Dysfunction
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Muscular Stiffness/Pain
Chiropractic professionals check the health of your surrounding muscles in addition to your joints to ensure that they are moving freely.
Does Chiropractic Treatment Hurt?
Similar to how you might feel after working out, chiropractic treatments cause little to no pain while being performed. During a chiropractic adjustment, you won’t experience any excruciating pain. As the gas exits your joints, your chiropractor will apply a controlled amount of force (pressure) that will cause cracking or popping noises. It may sound unpleasant, but it’s not painful at all.
What Are Its Benefits?
Chiropractic treatment has a number of advantages, including:
- Reduces headaches from the neck and migraines.
- Improves posture
- Enhances your spine’s and other joints’ range of motion while reducing pain
- Reduces the signs and symptoms of long-term diseases like osteoarthritis
- Treats whiplash and other mild neck and spine injuries
What Happens After Chiropractic Treatment?
Most people experience nearly instant symptom improvement following a chiropractic treatment. Occasionally you may experience soreness for a couple of hours after treatment.
Instead of temporarily relieving your symptoms, chiropractic treatment aims to restore your health over time. Your chiropractor will give you ergonomic advice to become more aware of how your body should be positioned at your desk, when you’re moving around while standing, and while you’re in bed. Additionally, they could advise including stretching in your everyday regimen. These long-term suggestions can aid in averting future issues.
Why opt For Chiropractic Treatment?
The goal of chiropractic treatment is to reduce musculoskeletal system-related problems. This could be done to address chronic illnesses, muscle stiffness, or aches and pains. If they desire an alternate kind of treatment that doesn’t entail taking prescription medication, some people opt to receive a chiropractic adjustment.
Some of the main benefits about chiropractic care are:
- Invasion-free (i.e. no surgery)
- Treats the root cause of the issue, and not just the symptoms
- Helps you heal holistically for a faster recovery
We hope this blog gave you a better understanding about chiropractic care. If you think you need chiropractic treatment, you’re in the right place. Book an appointment with Amersham Chiropractic Centre for the best treatment in town!