5 Ways Amersham Chiropractors Can Help With Postural Correction
Chiropractors treat issues related to the musculoskeletal system. This includes problems related to your bone, joints, and muscles. Chiropractors are often confused with osteopaths in Amersham. As a complementary health centre that offers chiropractic treatment, we’ve put together this article to help you understand the difference. We’ll also tell you more about chiropractic care and how it can help you.
Read on to learn more.
What Is Chiropractic?
Chiropractic is a regulated health care profession that is non-invasive and doesn’t utilise drugs. That’s why we’re a complementary health centre. Chiropractic treatment consists of joint and spine manipulation, adjustments, stretching, exercise, and rehabilitation techniques.
In the case of manipulation, a chiropractor will rehabilitate your joints and bone, putting them back into their normal range of motion and position. This helps to ease aches and pains and improve your mobility.
Here are a few of the many treatments chiropractors provide:
- Manual Therapy – Joint manipulation and adjustments to improve muscles, bones, and joints.
- Exercises that are focused and intentional.
- Stretching to improve the area’s functionality.
- Advice related to diet, nutrition, and lifestyle changes.
Meeting With Our Chiropractors
When you visit our complimentary health centre for the first time, your visit will last anywhere between 30 to 60 minutes. During this first visit, we’ll ask you questions about your medical history and lifestyle. This will help us find out the cause of your symptoms.
We’ll also ask about:
- Any past injuries
- The types of work and activities you engage in
- The frequency and location of your pain
- Your sleeping habits, including the type of mattress or bed you use
After this, we can move on to a physical examination. We may check your breathing, heart rate and blood pressure as well as spinal joint range of motion muscle length. We may also suggest MRI scans or X-Rays of your spine and joints , if appropriate.
While we examine your symptoms, we’ll use our hands to manipulate your spine and affected joints. Depending on your condition, we may use adjustments (high-velocity thrust actions) if needed. Chiropractic treatment is completely painless.
Depending on your symptoms, we may additionally recommend/prescribe:
As a complementary health care centre, our primary focus is on treating the body using non-invasive techniques, without the use of drugs.
Questions To Ask To Help Put Your Mind At Ease
If you’re scheduling a visit to a chiropractic complementary health centre and have some concerns, here are a few questions you can ask to gain more clarity:
- Chiropractors all have a minimum of five years full-time training followed by rigorous exams to gain their initial degree. They also have to embark on a post-graduate training involving detailed medical training.
- Chiropractors treat musculoskeletalissues non-invasively, without the use of drugs.
- Chiropractors differ from Osteopaths in that we cannot prescribe medication.
- Chiropractic care can help numerous issues related to your spine, muscles, joints, and bones.
If you’re looking for chiropractic care from professionals who have years of experience, book an appointment with Amersham Chiropractic Clinic. Our complementary health centre can help treat your problems and rehabilitate you.