Did you know that shoulder pain affects nearly 18-26% of the population at some point in their lives? Shoulder pain can be debilitating and interfere with everyday activities. If you suffer from shoulder pain, you are not alone. Fortunately, chiropractic care can help alleviate shoulder pain , Diagnosis and Treatment and restore normal function to the shoulder joint.
Amersham Chiropractic Centre is a leading chiropractic clinic that provides the best chiropractic care for shoulder pain in the UK. In this blog, we’ll explain everything you need to know about chiropractic for shoulder pain. Keep reading to learn more!
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
There are several causes of shoulder pain, including:
- Rotator cuff injuries: The rotator cuff is a group of muscles and tendons that surround the shoulder joint. Overuse, injury, or aging can lead to rotator cuff tears or inflammation, causing pain and weakness in the shoulder.
- Frozen shoulder: Also known as adhesive capsulitis, frozen shoulder is a condition that causes stiffness and pain in the shoulder joint. It can be caused by injury, overuse, or certain medical conditions such as diabetes.
- Bursitis: Bursae are small, fluid-filled sacs that cushion the joints. Inflammation of the bursae can lead to bursitis, causing pain and tenderness in the shoulder.
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis can both cause shoulder pain, stiffness, and limited range of motion.
- Shoulder impingement syndrome: This occurs when the tendons or bursae in the shoulder become compressed, causing pain and discomfort. It can be caused by repetitive overhead activities or an injury.
Diagnosing Shoulder Pain
To diagnose shoulder pain, a chiropractor will perform a physical examination, which may include range of motion tests and imaging studies such as X-rays or MRI scans. They will also take a medical history to determine any underlying conditions that may be contributing to the pain.
Experience the Benefits of Chiropractic Care Today
Can Chiropractic Care Help With Shoulder Pain?
Yes, chiropractic care can be very effective in treating shoulder pain. Chiropractors are experts in diagnosing and treating musculoskeletal conditions, including those that cause shoulder pain. They use a variety of techniques to help alleviate pain and restore normal function to the shoulder joint.
Chiropractic Treatment For Shoulder Pain
Chiropractic treatment for shoulder pain aims to restore the proper function and alignment of the shoulder joint, relieve pain and inflammation, and prevent future injuries. Chiropractors use a range of techniques, such as soft tissue therapy, joint mobilization, and manipulation, to achieve these goals.
During the initial consultation, the chiropractor will conduct a thorough examination of your shoulder and may also order X-rays or MRI scans to get a better view of the joint and surrounding structures. Based on the diagnosis, the chiropractor will develop a personalized treatment plan that may include:
- Soft tissue therapy: This involves using massage, stretching, and other manual techniques to relieve tension and tightness in the muscles and connective tissue surrounding the shoulder joint.
- Joint mobilization: This involves using gentle movements to improve the mobility of the joint and reduce stiffness and pain.
- Manipulation: This involves applying a controlled force to the joint to restore proper alignment and mobility.
- Exercise therapy: This involves prescribing specific exercises to strengthen the muscles around the shoulder joint and improve stability and range of motion.
- Posture correction: This involves identifying and correcting any postural imbalances that may be contributing to shoulder pain.
Chiropractic Shoulder Adjustments Your Chiropractor May Employ
Chiropractic shoulder adjustments are a type of manipulation that specifically targets the shoulder joint. These adjustments can help improve range of motion, Diagnosis and Treatment reduce pain and inflammation, and restore proper alignment and function of the joint. Some common shoulder adjustments used by chiropractors include:
- The shoulder girdle adjustment: This involves manipulating the shoulder blade to improve its position and movement.
- The glenohumeral joint adjustment: This involves manipulating the ball-and-socket joint of the shoulder to restore its proper alignment and mobility.
- The clavicle adjustment: This involves manipulating the collarbone to improve its position and movement.
If you are suffering from shoulder pain, chiropractic care can help. Amersham Chiropractic Centre is the leading chiropractic clinic that provides the best chiropractic care for shoulder pain. Our team of highly skilled and experienced chiropractors use a patient-centered approach to diagnose and treat shoulder pain, ensuring that each patient receives personalized and effective treatment.
Our chiropractors will work with you to develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your individual needs and goals. With our holistic and non-invasive approach, you can rest assured that you are in good hands. Say goodbye to shoulder pain and hello to a pain-free and active lifestyle with Amersham Chiropractic Centre. Book an appointment with Amersham Chiropractic Centre today to experience the benefits of chiropractic care for shoulder pain.